Saturday 15 February 2014

The Pursuit of Happiness

"Whatever I do that makes me feel all right"

"Managing to get through life without hating the world and being too affected by its unfairness"

"Happiness is a choice. Choose wisely!!!"



 


Evening people,

During a system shut-down at work I thought I'd take the time to ask some of my colleagues what happiness meant to them. Unfortunately, some of their ideologies are not what I would call 'Kosher' or in any way, shape or form suitable to be repeated. They would see my blog being reported to the 'Blogger' prefect. However, the first two quotes above are some of the more palatable definitions.
The third quote was 'stolen' from my sister, which resonated within me.

The United States Declaration of Independence deems "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" as fundamental rights of every individual.

I really believe there are times when things happen to us that genuinely put us in a state of happiness like, love, receiving words of encouragement, getting married, having kids, receiving gifts... The list goes on. One thing that did surprise me is that in all my queries not one person mentioned anything about money or wealth. Isn't that funny?

For me, happiness is joy, peace and contentment in Christ and in knowing there's a God that loves me an has my life perfectly placed in His hands.

I'm going to stop here because I would like to do a part two to this at a later date with some responses from kids. But in the meanwhile here are two questions for you...

What is happiness to you?

Is it a choice?


Miss Castano
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment